Generations change and with them the kind of celebration that the newlyweds want for their big day. One of the new trends is called “Destination Wedding“: weddings that are real experiences, events made in fascinating places that surprise guests for their diversity.
What are the “Destination Weddings”?
These are weddings made outside the place of residence or the country of origin of the bride and groom. Normally, the duration of a destination wedding in Spain or Europe is a maximum of three or four days (a long weekend).
For this type of celebration, the newlyweds usually contract the services of a local Wedding Planner to help them design a personalized wedding thanks to his experience and knowledge of the area.
Where to celebrate a Destination Wedding in Spain.
Today the newlyweds choose new places to get married, unique places, with good weather and different features like Fuerteventura. This has led to an increase in the supply of activities and experiences in both domestic and international tourist destinations.
The favorite places to celebrate a “Destination Wedding” in Spain are the coastal areas: Catalonia, Andalusia, Valencian Community, the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands.
Fuerteventura, as Destination Wedding, becomes the perfect venue for an event in Spain:
- It offers unique views and landscapes, its sunsets over the dunes or the charm of its palm trees, cactus and olive trees will leave you breathless.
- The island has more than 325 sunny days a year, so the good weather at weddings and celebrations is more than likely.
- It has restaurants, hotels, cocktail bars, villas and rural accommodation renovated and fully equipped for celebrations of all tastes.
Who celebrates a Destination Wedding
Any couple who desire to promise eternal love away from everyday life, with a truly original ceremony, will arrange a Destination Wedding. They don’t need to go to a distant or super exotic country. It can be in another town that has a special meaning for them or on an island where they usually go on vacation.
‘Mixed marriages’ (bride and groom of different countries and nationalities) have contributed to the expansion of ‘Destination Weddings‘. On many occasions, they decide to celebrate a wedding in an intermediate place. This also avoids family discussions!
A wedding celebrated “far from home” gives guests the opportunity to get to know a new place, make new friends and even the bonds between families are strengthened thanks to this experience.
Advantages of a destination wedding.
- An unforgettable experience and the opportunity to celebrate your wedding in a completely different way from the traditional one, getting married in an exotic place, chosen by you.
- The luxury of enjoying an original wedding, even if you are away from home.
- The invaluable privilege of unifying usually separate moments: marriage, honeymoon and vacation. With this “all-inclusive” formula, forget in advance, the stress of travel, the anxiety about missing your flight or the extra costs.
- Limited number of guests: You will enjoy an intimate wedding. Both for lack of time and money, the number of guests will be reduced if you decide to the celebrate in a destination other than the residence. As a result the most important cost of wedding parties, catering, will be reduced.
- The wedding will become a small “break” for all guests, with whom to know a different place enjoying the union of two loved ones.
Travelling is always pleasant, and if it is to attend a wedding in a charming place, the pleasure is even greater!